Wednesday 15 September 2021

Cross country

"On your marks, get set go BANG!" I sprinted, my legs moving faster than light "swoosh".  People got a glimpse of me, before I sprinted past them, "arghh". I felt a sharp pain in my chest, it hurt badly, causing me to rapidly slow. Before I knew it, people started passing me. At this point, I was now 10th placing. So again once again, I started jogging. I was at the sand dunes running up the hill and then down.  I was running down the dip, my chest still in pain but I persevered and kept going.


Now in my second lap, the crowds had began to cheer and shout as I jogged passed. I was super puffed, it was getting harder and harder to breath, sweat was dripping down my face, and my legs were on fire, and felt like they melting right to the bone. I was exhausted, gasping for breath, yet I kept on pushing. 


I came back to the dip, I nearly fell down the hill while I was running.  You know what was even worse? I had pins and needles too.  I was set to tie 8th with Cash, I wasn't having any of this! so I sped up, I was roughly a metre in front of him, the crowd were shouting "go Reef" but then I looked behind me and I saw Cash sprinting too, so I ran for 8th place and that was my final placing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about